Sunday, September 30, 2007

Resume Article Lessons

A lot of the featured articles offered general advice on resume writing. However, "Video Resumes are Taking Off" and "Finding the Right Keywords to Get Your Resume Noticed" were both especially useful articles.

I had never thought about submitting a video resume before, but the article made several useful suggestions about using this form of resume to get an interview. Some of the jobs I plan to apply for are particularly competitive and being able to demonstrate a creative presentation of my skills might give me an advantage.

I also found the article about keywords very useful. Many articles and advice on writing resumes instruct the reader to use good keywords without actually explaining what these are. The advice I found most useful was to use keywords found in the job description or in the materials of other companies within the field.

No comments: